2015 Selfie Instagram Scavenger Hunt
You’re out there snapping selfies anyway, so why not post them to Instagram and possibly win prizes? Be a part of the fun, and enter Duck/Corolla Guide’s 2015 Instagram Selfie Scavenger Hunt. Below are clues to 20 Outer Banks landmarks/locations. Solve as many clues as you can, snap a selfie in front of each location, and post them. Super simple!
3 Simple Rules:
1. Solve the clues below, then snap a selfie in each location.
2. Share your photos on Instagram with #obxduckcorollaguide for the chance to win a prize package worth $250 from 10 area businesses!
3. Make sure you have followed @obxduckcorollaguide to qualify.
Remember, you do not have to get every photo on the list. Those with the most correct photos will be entered into a drawing for a prize package including gift certificates and/or merchandise from 10 Duck and Corolla businesses.
The contest will run each calendar month from June through October. Drawings will take place on the 1st of the following month. (For example, the person with the most correct selfie location posts from June 1 – 30 will be announced the first week of July)
Prizes will be mailed to winners who do not reside on the Outer Banks. Winners will be announced via OBX Duck Corolla Guide Instagram and on other social media outlets. Users may have to adjust their privacy settings to allow us to view their photo submissions.
Clues: (for a printable version, click HERE)
1. A beacon of light since 1875, this structure has 220 steps and affords views of both ocean and sound.
2. The whole family can be seated in this red Adirondack.
3. Tucked into the marshy woodlands, this small, round chapel in Duck offers views of the Currituck Sound.
4. A business in Duck that resembles an original Outer Banks Lifesaving Station and is famous for their Certified Angus Beef, Colossal Lump Crab Cakes, and Wild Alaskan Salmon.
5. Water on two sides means we get a stunning color show twice a day. Take time to enjoy at least one.*
6. It’s as simple as black and white, on Route 12 you will find a vehicle disguised with the print of an animal.
7. A tremendous landmark with five chimneys.
8. This cluster of shops in Duck is elevated to allow parking underneath. Take your photo under the small, white trellis.
9. The beach is a canvas awaiting an artist.*
10. Single-line, stunt, compound, or box – you will be ready to take to the skies after visiting this Corolla shop. Take your photo in front of the rock wall.
11. Stroll soundside above the water as you explore shops, restaurants, and watersports. One of the green benches will provide the perfect place for your photo op.
12. Unbridle your wild side every Tuesday and Thursday where the wooden mustangs stand waiting for painting.
13. Both a watersports haven and Caribbean inspired restaurant, this location is perfect for catching sunsets. Snap your selfie in their soundside gazebo.
14. Take to the skies while your feet remain in the sand. All you have to do is hold the line.*
15. A fearsome pirate clutching both a pistol and sword resides in Duck. You’ll find him near a shop that specializes in watersports gear and surf brand clothing.
16. Let the air out of your tires for a romp in one of the Outer Banks’ more undeveloped areas. (Hint: You may spot a wild horse.)
17. After you’ve found the rock wall, keep on walking. The most interesting cow in the world resides in Corolla.
18. Low tide brings many treasures.*
19. Take a break from island time to discover maritime. Live oaks shadow this popular walking trail located in a 965-acre protected reserve.
20. Put the pedal to the metal next to the putt putt course with all things Corolla (in miniature).
*The four clues marked with an asterisk are not location-specific. Photos taken to satisfy these clues may be in any Duck or Corolla location as long as the activity in the clue is taking place. All clues without an asterisk refer to a specific location in Duck or Corolla.
For more information, email the contest organizer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
– See more at: http://www.duckandcorollaguide.com/2015-selfie-instagram-scavenger-hunt/#sthash.ijNKFvXD.dpuf